Speaking well of sexuality: this must include both a statement of the way things were, are and ought to be.
- Sexuality identity is a sign of where people in relation to God
- Sexual activity is private but has public implications
- Sexual identity is a part of our human identity but not the completeness of our human identity
- The call to be a disciple of someone else, Jesus
- God demonstrates an other-person centeredness
- Putting aside one's self for the service of others
- Sometimes we act on our corrupted desires
- Romans 6 resisting the temptation of our own desires
Adopting Tim Keller's approach
- Go after the things that are holding up implausibility structure
- Going after them while keeping the implausibility structure in mind.
- Eg "God is irrelevant when it comes to sexuality" / "God is not loving"
Return to Subjective apologetics
- Personal experience as a powerful testimony
Marriage and Singleness
- Married people can learn something about the new creation from single people
- Single people can learn something about the new creation from married people